Friday 10 May 2013

Challenge #63 - May

It's may and nearly summer!!! The month of May will always remind me of rainbows so your challenge this month is to interpret Marie's quirky sketch and incorporate bright colours into your creation :)

I'd like to introduce you to a beautiful artist called Tracy Verdugo
She has kindly let us use her 2011 painting called Sacred Waters

Beautiful isn't it? How does it inspire you? Colours, white space, circles or doodles?


What can you create using the sketch, the painting and the rainbow pictures? We would love to see.

Here is what our team has to show:


" I just love the pops of color in the pictures. I had never seen them when Nat "ordered" a sketch from me and the black sketch made this challenge a really tricky one I think"

I was inspired by the “patterned circles” in Tracy Verdugo’s painting. I kept the layout rather white to make the colors stand out. I also used Marie’s sketch but I turned it to the left.

Sara Pettersson


I love the bright colors in the pictures! That inspired me to use my dylusions. Unfortunately they blended more than I expected, but I think it turned out ok anyway. I had the sketch in mind even if it's not obvious... I started to make a black layout, but I simply can't do them anymore, no idea why so I changed to white and that was much easier... :-)



The art work by Tracy Verdugo is fabulous, I love her outlined circles and blending of colors.  Marie's sketch for this month is also fab.  I haven't worked on a plain black background in a long time.  I used the Distress Paints and I just love them!  

Jolanda

Here is mine,I love the colorfull bright colors.
Tracey Verdugo's work is amazing and inspiring.
Would love to have some of her work on my wall!!

Kerry:

 
And this is what you can win if you participate!




So go ahead an link up! You have until June 15 to finish your project.!

2 comments:

  1. Great challenge, amazing colours and fab DT layouts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ladies....these layouts are amazing :) :) great job! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and playing along with the punky scrap rebels!!
xxx